I think I've just had several big adjustments in my life this fall and that has kept me from keeping up with my blogging. I *intend* to write but it hasn't been happening!
I have to say, though, God has been working in my life in a couple of key ways. So, I thought I would share...
First off, to make a long story short, I had a "God thing" fall in my lap towards the end of summer. The homeschool co-op that my girls attend out at Pine Cove - Venture - was looking for a high school literature teacher and a middle school writing teacher. One thing led to another and it turned out I answered their prayers as much as they answered mine (for a side job for some extra income to support my activity-loving kids!). What a comforting feeling to know that you are where God wants you! That I have been steadily working through this fall semester on these classes is an understatement! They are taking a LOT of my time and add to my stress load! However, I am trying to rest in the fact that God brought this in my life for reason. The spring semester will be even more hairy as I teach my college course, too, but I know God will sustain me.
Second off, some may know of some family issues/drama that have been taking place for a couple of years. It was beginning to consume me this fall! I just came to a point where I realized I needed to trust God even in this matter. Ultimately, the burden is not mine to carry, and God made that evident to me. It is hard, for sure, but I felt so convicted that I needed to lay it down at His feet and let Him fight the battle for me. That is a hard lesson. God sees the big picture and I can't, but I must trust Him in ALL things. Life is different now with this decision, but I feel so "released" and such a comfort that He is in control!
My precious "babies" have given us MUCH to smile about this season, and I'm SO thankful for them!
Cindy and crew


No comments:
Post a Comment