Saturday, December 12, 2009

Baby Boy Blue

We are finally making more definite plans for Peanut's nursery. Of course, baby blue is the main color! Along with chocolate brown. I wanted to go "classic" with the theme and figured this is our one shot at decorating for a boy...so I might as well stick with blue! As in this...


I'm still playing with what I want to do with painting the room. I would love to do one wall in the blue and brown stripes, but the key will be whether or not I have the time to get that done before "the" day. Who knows, maybe I'll go polk-a-dots on that one wall or something else fun! I have a friend coming over this week to help sort through ideas. I also am hoping to get the chest, bookcase, and changing table, which are all white from the girls, stripped and stained a cherry wood. More boyish, don't you think?

What else have we decided on?

Well, there's this rocking horse to set in one of the corners of the room...


And, here's the diaper bag (the striped pattern) that just called my name...with his initials monogrammed on it, of course...


Then, this mobile was just too close to the crib set pattern...we had to have it...


So, that's the start. As things unfold, I'll post pictures. I'm ready to dive in with the painting and putting things together. Oh...wait...I have to get through Christmas first! Oh...and ACat's 10th birthday (any great party ideas for 10 year olds?). Yes, well...looks like I'll just have to keep planning in my mind a tad bit longer!

Cindy and crew

No comments: