Sunday, December 20, 2009

Busy Days Before Christmas

It's amazing how fast Christmas has come this year! I still haven't finished half of the things I wanted to get done before the big day. But, I guess it is too late now! Christmas is fast approaching and the girls are super excited! CS and I are, too!

What have we been up to the last week or so?

Well, we raked up all the leaves in our back yard and the girls had a fabulous time jumping in the gigantic pile!







My favorite leaf pile pictures are from 2 years ago. If that isn't the look of pure joy on Little Bit's face, then I don't know what is! She was giggling so hard and focused on running to the pile! Of course, she would get there and just barely jump before laying down in the leaves! What special moments!!



Then, we had our annual Christmas caroling party - this year at the Chesleys instead of at our house. It was so much fun and created so many great family memories. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures, though it would have been difficult in the dark! We went to several homes and everyone - even the smallest kids - sang their little hearts out! We then enjoyed hot chocolate, apple cider, and yummy snacks at the Chesleys. Visiting with our friends was the icing on the cake! I love this new tradition for our family!

We went to watch Smiley's dance "show case" before they went on Christmas break. She has so much fun in her jazz classes and received a perfect attendance ribbon for the fall semester! And, our littlest one is ready to be a ballerina next year (ballerina bun and all)!






My sweet husband brought home some Christmas flowers for me - aren't they beautiful? The arrangement even has holly in it! Thanks, sweetheart!


And, Little Bit had her Christmas party on the last day of school. They had pizza, yummy Christmas cookies, and then had a book exchange amongst the friends in her class. She was so excited and brought home two princess books! What fun!





We had an exciting weekend, too, but I'm going to save that for another Christmas post! I don't want to bore you all with too many pictures and too much information!

Hope you all are enjoying This Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
Cindy and crew

No comments: