So, CS and I have a tough decision to make this week. And, of course, the decision may not be entirely ours, depending on insurance.
The dilemma...are we okay with the progress he has made so far? Okay enough that we are willing to stop the process? Or, are we willing to have a second helmet made to complete the job that we have begun?
There is little doubt in our minds that he has made HUGE progress and his head shape is MUCH better than it was 5 weeks ago. But, there is a part of me - and this may be my perfectionist nature - that wants to finish what we started.
We have sacrificed, we have endured, and we have been stretched through this process. For whatever reason God brought us down this path, we are here and we are praying for wisdom and discernment in how to wrap it up. You know, the last year and a half has just been one of those periods where we have encountered lots of situations that has simply brought us to our knees in reliance on Him. The best word I can think to describe myself is "raw" - my emotions are just sitting on my sleeve, which is not my usual nature. I totally trust God with my heart and my emotions, so I'm okay with this. But, as pruning often is, it is uncomfortable at times. I am not a person who cries a lot, but there are many days in the last months that I constantly have tears just sitting right there. I've been through the moments of wondering what God is trying to show us...are we doing something wrong? But, I think my conclusion is more recently is that God is preparing us for something. What...I don't know. But, I have a strong feeling that something big might possibly be on the horizon. A new place of service, a new ministry, a new season for our family. I don't know. But, I do have a God who DOES know and I rest in that.
So, please pray for us as we make this huge decision on behalf of Caboose. I take him back Monday for pictures and measurements, which will help us and the medical team in making the final decision.
Cindy and crew


1 comment:
Oh, Cindy, my heart aches for you. I can only imagine what you're going through. Decisions that affect our little ones are definitely the hardest to make. It's comforting to know that God already knows the outcome. He's there! And no matter what you decide, I know God will be glorified and will walk through it with you. I'll be praying for you and your decision.
lots of love,
Mandy
Post a Comment