Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Beginnings

These last couple of weeks has been a time of new beginnings for the coming school year. Things are picking up the pace!

All the girls started Kidz Praise (choir) at church...they love that! After 5 years of directing a 3 year old choir (and helping two years before that in 1st grade and 3 year old choirs), I decided to move on up. As in all the way up...5th grade! I'm excited to help in there with ACat and I hope she enjoys it, too! :-) I had this group as 3 year olds when I was a helper...they've grown up a little!

Smiley began Venture this last Tuesday. She lives for Tuesdays at our house! I'm so happy for her to have this experience in her life. She had her new messenger bag and lunch kit ready to go Tuesday morning!


Little Bit has been asking for weeks now when her preschool began. Well, she had "Meet the Teacher" on Thursday and will officially begin preschool this coming Tuesday. She is SO ready to go! I know we will see her blossom this coming year and I can't wait to see how she grows and learns with the beloved Mrs. Palmer!! Smiley had her 4 years ago and I've had Little Bit on the waiting list since then! We can't wait for Tuesday!





Little Bit also had a big first this week - her first soccer practice! She decided to play soccer like ACat and selected it over dance and gymnastics. She has awesome eye-hand and eye-foot coordination and loves to run. So, maybe she will be a gifted player just like ACat! Oh...and the biggest news of all...Daddy is coaching her team! We all know he will do a great job! As Little Bit says, "ACat is the Helper Coach!" :-) Here is Little Bit during some of the stretches and drills...




Caboose went last week for his first adjustment and we already saw so much change! Here he is before his appointment at the McDonald's off LBJ that is shaped like a Happy Meal box - ever been there? The girls have been begging to go every time we drive by! ACat went when she was little but doesn't remember it. It's fun!


Then, here he is waiting on his helmet to return from the first adjustment. He was pretty happy this day!


Lastly, yesterday Caboose and I made "Trip 5" of our Dallas trips. I was so thankful to have my good friend Jennifer ride along. We SO enjoyed catching up on things and getting a good visit in! I had to share this picture of Caboose with "his head" at Cranial Technologies. They had just received it, so it was the first time we had seen it. It is a little funny looking, I have to say! But, it is so nice to see the original head shape Caboose had...we can tell a difference! Jennifer is holding "the head" next to Caboose, though we had to turn it around so his name wouldn't show. I guess I should have taken a shot of it next to the back of Caboose's "real" head. Oh...can you see how well Caboose is sitting up? That's his newest skill this last week!

So many new beginnings going on around here!
Cindy and crew

No comments: