Monday, October 11, 2010

Round Two


As you are reading this, I am in Dallas with Caboose for Round Two.

These last two weeks have been emotionally draining yet peaceful...does that make any sense? It is so hard to make such tough decisions on behalf of your child. Many people have weighed in...which we, for the most part, appreciate! We know lots of people care - so touching! We just have a small window to correct - or not correct - his problem. And, then he has "whatever" final result for the rest of his life!


I think separating the feelings is the hardest part. I've SO enjoyed having him back to "normal" for two weeks. And, it is exhausting and a little sad to think about starting over. But, the point we keep coming back to is that we want to finish what we started. We feel like we need to go ahead and get the helmet, whether or not insurance will kick in. So, we are taking the plunge, paying out of pocket, and will pray that insurance will reimburse some part of the process.


Thank you all so much for walking this road with us. We covet your prayers as we continue onward with our journey.

Cindy and crew

1 comment:

Christie said...

Cindy--So glad to hear the update. I've wondered what you guys decided. Hang in there!