Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

Welcome to 2011!

It's hard to believe that another year has flown by. The turn of a new year always makes me reflective. It seems like a natural time to reminisce on the year gone by, ponder the ups and downs of the past year, reflect on where you want to head into the next year, and be thankful to God for it all!

We had the privilege of attending a wedding today - January 1, 2011. All day I've been thinking what a wonderful day to select for a wedding! It is a "double" time of new beginnings and of a fresh start with the person God made for you. These two people are so special and I know God will continue to bless their lives! Allison, the girl getting married, holds a special spot in my heart (those of you who know me and my children can probably guess this!). I used to babysit Allison and have so enjoyed watching her blossom into the woman she is today. She and her husband work out at Pine Cove now, and they added many personal aspects to the wedding and reception - from pine cones (Pine Cove!) and pine tree boughs gracing the sanctuary and reception hall to the shared special memories of each person in the wedding party.

We love Allison and know it has been a bittersweet year for her. She lost her dad to cancer about 6 months ago. So, a great "hole" was there today, I know. But, I was so proud of her and how she honored his memory by allowing God's glory and goodness to shine throughout the ceremony. They didn't linger on the loss but celebrated what her dad added to her life. Again, I think this day was perfect for her wedding...the first day of a new year, new beginning, new chapter of her life. A time to process and remember the past but also a time to reach forward into the new year.

I'm committed to doing the same in my life! 2010 was a year of highs and lows for us. In all things, though, I praise God for his goodness and mercy he gives. I look forward to what he will do in our lives in 2011!

Cindy and crew

No comments: