Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Growing Up

I figured I would update each person individually...since I'm so behind AGAIN!  Life is just moving by swiftly and I can hardly keep up!

ACat is blooming into a beautiful young lady. This summer has stretched her in a couple of ways and we are proud of how she has handled new experiences!

She started off the summer with a babysitter's course.  She and a friend went and are now "official" and CPR-certified babysitters!  She has been babysitting for our neighbors for a while now and, of course, helps a lot with her younger siblings, so this is just the icing on the cake.

We then spent a long weekend in gorgeous Natchitoches, LA.  The girls were thrilled to tour "real" southern plantation homes and explore the quaint downtown.  My girls LOVE history and, you know, the "Gone with the Wind" days were the BEST!  These homes were complexes...lots of outbuildings and OLD trees.  We had so much fun!



We told these girls to be thankful they didn't have to do the chores the girls (or slaves) had to do back then!  Life is EASY now!


The highlight of ACat's summer was a solo plane ride to Colorado!  She was invited last year to visit Aunt Kitty Kat and Uncle Jason, but she wasn't quite ready to venture out alone.  Well, this summer, she was!  It was totally a new experience for us all, but she did SO well with the responsibility and grown-up ride!  And, I didn't do so badly myself (letting my baby get on that plane alone)!  Packed and ready to fly...



She's back!  She camped in the Colorado mountains, visited the Butterfly Pavilion, met new baby Addison, played a lot with Houston and Jacob, shopped in Boulder and at Flat Irons mall, and got her iPod Touch fixed (if you have a nearly teenager, then you know this last thing is a BIG deal...thanks Kat!).



Last, but certainly not least, CS and I decided to surprise ACat with a back-to-school makeover in Dallas!  She was truly surprised and thrilled!  She's beautiful with or without make-up, but she feels special and is ready for 7th grade!



It's so hard to believe our little girl is growing up!
Cindy and crew


No comments: