ACat stayed busy drawing with chalk the other day. She kept going back to it, adding details to it. The girls have been watching the new Barbie movie - The Diamond Castle. She drew the characters - Melody, Alexa, and Liana. (in case you can't read the names above the figures). Now, I have to say, drawing with chalk is one of the hardest things to control. I thought she did pretty well with the few available colors!
Then, tonight I was doing my Bible study in Philippians. I came to a well-known part in the first chapter (v. 6): "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
I began thinking of an artist - or here my child's artwork through which she spent time expressing something she is excited about in her life.
Hmmm... kind of like the art God is creating in our lives, huh??? God will not be finished with us until Christ returns. He is fine-tuning us and is adding color, depth, and detail to our image. What a promise! God will complete us one day! I've never thought about it in those terms. We are to continually grow in His image and in grace.
Sure, the moments of despair, weariness, and discouragement come along the way. I had one of those weeks a couple of weeks ago. I know I was being vulnerable to the lies Satan throws my way and was questioning my self-worth and purpose in the grand scheme of things. But, WOW...what a promise to remember here! When God begins a project or work, He will complete it. He won't give up on us either, so how can I ever give up on Him?!?! So, when I feel distressed by life and circumstances therein, I will pull out this verse hidden in my heart and lean on it. He brings J-O-Y and we can't let life's hardships rob us of that.
Just as my daughter worked on her chalk drawing, so am I a canvas that God is continually working on...until the day Christ returns.
Cindy and crew


1 comment:
Love it! Please tell her that the drawings are beautiful. Shame you can't frame them...but at least you can catch them on camera! :)
Have you ever seen A Snoodle's Tale? It really speaks to my heart! I have a tendency to listen to what the enemy or other people say about me instead of stopping to consider His view. Remembering that He isn't finished with me yet always gives me hope!
Post a Comment