Sunday, May 3, 2009

Twelve Beautiful Years

Yes, it's true. Can you believe it? CS and I have been married 12 years today! He surprised me with a dozen red roses (one for each year of marriage!) and 2 tickets to see George Strait (my "other" man!) at the opening of the Cowboys Stadium! Can you say A-W-E-S-O-M-E?!?! I can't wait! I'll get to have my two men in one place! LOL! That is an ongoing joke between us...I've been asking for years to go see good ole George in concert. What a fun event it will be!

I've been thinking back on who CS and I were 12 years ago. Wow...it seems so long ago. I was just a baby - 20 years old. He was an old man at almost 25! What growing up we did after getting married! We have come a long way since then. But, our love is still strong and I'm so blessed to have CS as my husband. I love you, baby!

We had a fun event last night to attend...a Police Officer's Ball! The PD was celebrating its centennial and they put together this wonderful evening for the officers and their wives (well, I guess I should say spouses since there are women officers, too). I was a little concerned since CS was on duty last night. So, another officer's wife and I decided to go together. That way, if our husbands got held up on a call, we wouldn't be alone. At a ball. You know, like Cinderella, except without Prince Charming. How desolate would that be?? But, things worked out well, so I didn't have to be all sad and depressed! :-) Both husbands managed to show up at the last minute (after CS "dumped" someone off at jail!), and they were able to eat dinner with us before heading out again. The chief spoke and even Louie Gohmert came and presented the city with a flag that flew over the Capitol. They had PD history books to hand out, along with commemorative wine glasses. A local TV station put together a nice video on the history of the department and a local college's jazz band played the night away. What fun! The only thing that could have made it better was to have been able to spend the entire night with CS. But, I'm just thankful for the time we did have together. And, that I didn't get stood up!!

We had a whirlwind of a weekend. It just must be this time of year! I spent all day Friday having fun with a friend and then we had a family night at church. Saturday began early with a family reunion - my maternal grandmother's side of the family. I grew up going every year but haven't been since high school! They were celebrating the 5th generation this year, which included my mom. And, they also wanted the "future" to be present and participate in the service. So, ACat played a piano piece and all the kids sang "Jesus Loves Me" before the message. We were able to stay for the picnic on the grounds before racing back home for CS to head to work. I had to get ACat ready for a soccer game and then get myself ready for the ball. I went to the soccer game for a little while and, thankfully, a soccer friend was able to take ACat home to the babysitter (who was already with the other two girls). I took off to the ball and you've already heard the rest!

The 7th Generation at Millville:


Little Bit helping Cappie play at the service:


Smiley, my helper. She insisted on helping me get ready for the ball. She was so excited about it. She's a romantic at heart, I guess! I should have pictures later of me and CS at the ball.


I'm so tired after this weekend, but it's a good tired...except for the mound of papers calling for me to get busy grading again...

Cindy and crew

No comments: