You know, I may joke from time to time about the hardship of having to entertain three kids for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. But, seriously, I am privileged to be their mom. Through homeschooling and being a stay-at-home mom (or work-at-home mom!), I have been given such an opportunity and blessing to really KNOW my kids. Sure, there are some hard days and some days where things don't roll smoothly along, but I have come to appreciate the open door God has granted me to do what I'm doing. I'm really looking forward to summertime and having the chance to do things with the girls that we don't normally get to do - blueberry picking, cooking lessons, sprayground adventures, field trips, lots of playdates with friends, sleeping late, a mission trip, etc., etc. We have plans for some hands-on Texas History day trips this summer. I think it will be lots of fun! We plan to head to Nacogdoches, Crockett, Kilgore, and maybe even San Antonio to SEE and TOUCH how Texas became the state it is today. Keep those girls and their minds busy!!
Our summer kicks off next weekend with my brother's wedding! We are so excited for him and the happiness he has found with Kristen. We can't wait! Yesterday, my mom and I went to a wedding shower for them. They received lots of nice household items to prepare for their new life together.
My brother trying on a cross given to them! :-)
I will post pictures after next weekend's festivities.
Quick update on the house: The plan, as of Friday 5 pm, is that the new flooring will arrive on Tuesday and the crew will arrive at my house Wednesday morning to install it. It will take 2-3 days. Our friends from Denver will arrive Thursday mid-morning, so we will eat lunch out and head to the zoo or something. I'm hoping most of it will be completed by Thursday evening. Installing and painting the quarter round will have to happen later. Wish us luck!
Cindy and crew


No comments:
Post a Comment