Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Very Special Day

Many apologies to Smiley...for being 4 days late with her Very Happy Birthday Wishes! Last Friday was a very special day for Smiley...9 years old! She had a wonderful Scooby-Doo party with 10 of her favorite friends, and, the evening before, we had a nice time with my family at the spraygrounds at my hometown (with snowballs for dessert!!).

Smiley's birthday is an important milestone in our life. When Smiley turns a year older, it signifies "another year older" for many other big moments in our life. Smiley turned 9 last week. That means, that we have been in Tyler for 9 years, CS has worked for the PD for 9 years, it's been 9 years since I completed graduate school, and we have been members of our church and wonderful SS class for 9 years. So much happened in a 5-6 week period in 2002. So, not only do we celebrate Smiley's life, but we also celebrate and remember how God's plan for our lives took a turn that same year (a good turn!).

Smiley...


We can't believe you are 9 years old. I look back on pictures and you have truly always been a smiley girl! You have a smile that lights up your face and our hearts. Your sweet crinkly eyes and adorable freckles just melt our hearts.


You have an exuberance for life that is so contagious. Experiencing big moments with you is so fun and special...we see it all in your eyes and smile. You have changed how I view life and what's important in our world. And, I'm indebted to you for that.


You feel so deeply for people, things, and special moments of life. You remind us how important the little things in life should be.


God has used you to mold me and shape me...He knew that we needed each other! So, I wish you a very happy birthday, darling, albeit a little late. I hope you have fun being Nine and that you continue to enjoy life in the coming year. I know I will enjoying living it with and through you!


Many Hugs and Kisses-
Mommie

No comments: