You sneak up on us. We turn around and there you are, once again. Time marches on as we wonder how to slow you down. When we're little, you are our biggest friend. As we get older, you approach with bittersweetness. Sure, a time to celebrate. But, also a time of reflection and of remembrance to cherish each moment, each step, each milestone. The "big" ones slip on by...13...16...18...21...25...30...on and on. Slow down, please. I'm so blessed and want this moment to last longer! Sure, there's excitement where God's taking us in our future but there are so many cherished moments that fly on by. I want to hold on a little longer to this time. But, regardless of what I feel, you are here again. Knocking at the door.
Yes, it's you...another birthday.
Another calendar year come and gone. Where do the years go? It seems like I was just heading off to school, worried about leaving my mom alone during the day. I was just getting my driver's license - one of the first in my grade. I was just walking across the stage as Salutatorian...a promising future ahead. I was just having to say good-bye to some dear loved ones. I was just vowing my life to another - forever. I was just holding my sweet babies for the first time.
These moments seem like yesterday...yet so long ago.
I know, I know. Many more wonderful moments lie ahead. I do look forward but can't help on this one day each year to wonder how these birthdays come and go so fast.
That's about all I can say...
Cindy
Park City Utah
4 years ago


1 comment:
Happy Birthday Cindy!! They do speed up after age 30....so how old are you, 21? ;)
Post a Comment