Monday, January 12, 2009

A Busy Semester

If I didn't have enough to do already with being a stay-at-home mom to 3 girls, homeschooling the oldest two, chauffeuring them to their various activities, making time for me and CS, cleaning, cooking, attending church activities, keeping up with a Bible study in Romans, preparing for children's choir, etc., etc....I received a contract from UNT to continue my adjunct faculty position this spring with the Medical Informatics course. Whew - I did have to mull it all over. Did I really want to add that dimension again to my life? It is such a satisfying experience taking a group of students through a semester of learning, but it is really time consuming. I decided to go ahead one more semester, at least.
All this to say...I hope to keep up with my blogging. It might just not be as frequent as it has been. We will see! I usually get more things done in all areas when I'm having to really focus on time management. It was that way in college - the semester I didn't work, my grades weren't that great... The rest of the time when I was strung out trying to fit work, school, new marriage, and such into 24 hours a day, I excelled. Why is that? I guess that comes with being an overachiever. So, if you see me falling asleep in church, dark rings under my eyes, and in a fog...just know that I am in my element! LOL!
Our newest news? The new toothless grin around our house. Check this out - cute, huh?!?!

What fun!
Cindy and crew

2 comments:

Jenn said...

It's a shame that your girls are spaghetti-challenged. Maybe slurping noodles through the gap where her front teeth would be will get Smiley eating tomato sauce after all!!! :) Maybe you can just have some jello in her honor--it's a lot of fun when you're toothless, too. Can't wait to see that cute grin for myself!

Unknown said...

I love the toothless grin. It will be a sad day when all the big-girl teeth come in. :(