I received a call Friday afternoon from our pediatrician's nurse. Hmmm...seems that the strep culture came back positive! The quick-test obviously gave Smiley a false negative. Great! So, Nurse Amber says she will call in an antibiotic for Smiley. I informed her that she might as well call one in for ACat, too, as she began running fever and having a very sore throat on Thursday evening. I, thinking it couldn't be strep, went ahead and allowed her to go to soccer practice Thursday night! Oh well...all you can do is your best, right? We had to have a different Rx for ACat since she is allergic to penicillin (which is best for strep), so I'm hoping this other antibiotic will be effective, too.
A quick fact: This is only ACat's 2nd time in her life to take an antibiotic! That's almost unheard of these days, especially after 9 1/2 years! She had strep once in Kindergarten, thus the taking of an antibiotic for the very first time and the discovery that she is highly allergic to penicillin (like me)!
New Member of our Household:
Let me introduce to you a new little girl who has come to live in our home...Mollie Rose.
Somehow, some way, she came home with us from PetsMart Thursday night. I had NO intention of adding another pet to our home so soon after Sergeant passed away. But, this little lady was too cute, too good natured, too calm to pass up! She loves to be petted, purring and licking our fingers in appreciation. She is 4 years old, so we aren't having to mess with potty training or teaching a kitten to NOT claw the couch, to NOT climb on the built-ins, and to NOT unroll the toilet paper. She stays to herself during the day, napping in closets and under our beds. She comes out periodically to say hello and eat. So far, so good! She's seems to be a sweetie!
Little Bit loves all the new goodies that came home with Mollie Rose.
Her name, Mollie Rose, was a compromise. I had a black and white cat growing up whose name was Molly. So, Smiley insisted that "Mollie" would be the perfect name. Little Bit, CS, and I agreed. ACat wanted "Oreo" instead. So, we gave her the job of coming up with the middle name for a compromise. She considered "Grace," "Faith," and some others, finally deciding on "Rose" to be the addition. So, Mollie Rose it is. What fun!
Cindy and crew


No comments:
Post a Comment