We were in the northeast corner of OK and were just minutes from Arkansas and Missouri (and, of course, Kansas is right there, too!). We had a free day before leaving OK, so we took a road trip to Joplin, Missouri. After passing 11 casinos, paying $15 on those OK turnpikes/toll roads, and crossing on into Missouri, we stopped to see the Great Falls and eat at Fuddruckers (yum!).
However, the main destination to this excursion was the Precious Moments Chapel. Despite some people trying to talk us out of the "boring" stop and despite the rainy weather we had that day, we had a wonderful time! Even CS...I promise! :-) My mom gives Smiley the Growing in Grace series and Little Bit receives the Birthday Train collection (ACat gets music boxes from Cappie). So, my girls are familiar with Precious Moments and thought the experience was...well, precious!
The chapel, murals, and stained glass depictions were SO breath-taking! We loved it! So, please, enjoy our pictures recording our fun in Joplin, MO!
And, here is the piece we brought home for a souvenir. It's called "A Sister is a Gift to the Heart and a Friend to the Spirit." I truly hope that is always so for my girls!
Cindy and crew


1 comment:
Aawwww!!! That's neat!!! I have heard about that place, but never known anyone who went.... thanks so much for sharing the pictures! It looks like a place I would LOVE!!!
Post a Comment