There were sniffles and moans heard from all but my spouse.
The pencils were laid on the desks without fanfare
In hopes that this day would just be a nightmare.
Okay, okay...that's just my feeble attempt at creating humor from the atmosphere around our house this week. Woe, unto thee, that school should start once again. Geez...I keep telling them that there's a season for everything!
Honestly, we were scheduled to begin school next week, but let's just say some creative correction had to take place last weekend. No details...but I think this correction "hurt" more than a time-out or grounding. No, I'm not smiling at all (heehee)...but it does help to think out of the box in order to get their attention now and again.
I've been working hard to get all the old papers sorted through, last year's books re-shelved for a later date, and all the new supplies unpacked and ready to go. During the summer, our playroom/school-room can reach the status of disaster with toys and crafts spread all over. But, I finally have it all put back to some semblance of order for the "Big Day"!
I have to say, though, that I have been praying this week for the girls to awaken tomorrow with learning hearts and with spirits tender to the Lord's leading this year. It is always hard to give up those days of freedom and fun, but I know they will rise to the challenge and show up with smiles on their faces. I'm confident that our "First Day of School" pictures tomorrow will reflect the true spirits they have inside.
ACat's side of the desk:
Smiley's side of the desk:
Stay tuned for tomorrow's update! :-)
Cindy and crew


1 comment:
Praying that tomorrow goes very smoothly for you all!
Post a Comment