Monday, November 30, 2009

Boy, Oh Boy!

Whew - Thanksgiving was a whirl of a weekend! We spent time with 3 parts of our family in 4 days. I'm tired and need a vacation from the Thanksgiving Break!

We did have a splendid time with all our family. We had Thanksgiving dinner Thursday night with my mom and brother and his family. I didn't get any pictures, but we had too much food and lots of good time spent together! Friday, we were with CS's sisters in Hallsville - 6 adults and 8 kids running around! Then, late Friday night, CS's dad and stepmom arrived from Houston. They stayed through Sunday afternoon and we had a chance to catch up on everything. CS and his dad even fit in a round of golf!

What else did we do?

Well, we started singing Christmas songs...


We visited the Christmas tree farm with Cappie, Umple T, and Connar...and even got to eat fresh roasted peanuts!


We rode the hayride out to the Christmas trees.


We searched high...


...and we searched low for the perfect tree for Cappie's house.


And, we finally found it!


And, our city girls even got a lesson from Umple T on how to use a saw to bring down a tree!


We got to meet Minnie the miniature Chihuahua...PawPaw and Nana's new "child." Our girls LOVED her and poor Minnie managed to survive 2 days with the 3 girls!




We did get our outside lights lit up, our two trees decorated, and our stockings hung by the chimney with care. We still need to finish up some decorating and make our plans for baking cookies, visiting with friends, and, of course, going to see Santa! What a wonderful time of year!

Oh...and did I mention that we are having a baby boy? Yes, the news is out! At first only 2 of the 3 girls were excited, but Little Bit is on board now. She started this weekend role-playing. She comes up to me with something under her shirt and says, "I have Peanut in my tummy, too!" From our experience, that type of reaction is the healthiest and is the best type to get them prepared for a new baby. We were afraid Little Bit would experience some jealousy, but I'm beginning to hope that she will just fall nicely into her new role as big sister, just as the other two girls did once upon a time. We have been so blessed and fortunate to never have had to deal with negative reactions from the girls (as a new baby joined our family). Anyway, I have to admit that CS and I have needed these last 6 weeks or so to adjust to the idea of a boy. We've experienced a variety of emotions but we have reached a point where we feel up to the challenge. I've sold lots of baby girl clothes, I've taken tons of things to Goodwill, and I've done lots of looking online at boys clothes, crib sets, car seats, etc. I've figured out what I like and what I don't like. I've never had to look at blue, "boyish" things before!

But, as always, we feel blessed - period. Even if this had been our fourth daughter, we would have felt the same anticipation, excitement, and overwhelming sense of God's complete peace and blessing in our lives. We praise him that our new son is healthy and we can't wait for his arrival.

Cindy and crew

4 comments:

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for ya'll. I know it didn't make any difference to you, but I was secretly hoping it would be a boy!! YEA!!! :-)

Shelly said...

Congrats!! Poor little boy with all those big sisters. He doesn't have a chance. HAHA. Just kidding. Happy for you!

Anonymous said...

It is neat to see what God has in store for you guys....He is going to make one good husband someday...

Momg said...

YAY!!!! A BOY, Congrats!!!!!