Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas is Coming

My most favorite Christmas book of all time is entitled, "Christmas is Coming." It is now a vintage book, first published in 1952. I absolutely adored this book growing up, and the pages still bring a sense of nostalgia and the Christmas spirit to my heart.


The book goes through the motions of getting ready for Christmas. The family of five goes to a Christmas parade, makes Christmas cookies, shops for presents, visits with Santa, decorates a Christmas tree, and spends time with family on Christmas Day. All the things I love to do each holiday season!

I sometimes feel so behind this year with "life" happening in our household, but I still am determined to feel that Christmas is coming. And, I have to look at all we HAVE done!

We have been to the Christmas tree farm...



And, have even driven home with one classically displayed...


We have had one not-so-successful visit with Santa...


We decorated our tree with Caboose (with help from Daddy) hanging his first Christmas ornament...



And, we have had one Sunday service in our "Christmas-y" attire...


We even made a visit to North Park Center in Dallas. They have fabulous decorations and the famous ducks and turtles swimming around...all adding to our holiday spirit!




So, while we may not be as far along as Sally, Bobby, and Baby were in the "Christmas is Coming" book, we are making progress in our home and hearts. We are remembering that the most important part of the season is Baby Jesus, and we are celebrating his birthday with all that we have. So, I think it is safe to say that Christmas IS coming to our household, and we can hardly wait!

Cindy and crew

1 comment:

Momg said...

Looks like fun! I hope your family has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!