Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Fun

As we were reading the Easter story this morning with the kids, I asked them to imagine how it felt "way back then" to have someone run up to you and say Jesus had risen from the grave. Or, what if something extraordinary like that happened today?!? Would we have the faith to believe it, sight unseen? Or, would we need to touch the nail-scarred hands to believe? I know that I'm so thankful for God's gift of grace and the ability to be saved by faith (Eph. 2:8). He is risen indeed!

We have had several fun-filled days. The kids looked so pretty/handsome this morning and they had a blast hunting eggs over the weekend. I planned their Easter outfits around the color lavender, and CS managed to match just fine. Me...I was the odd-ball today...I ran out of time to shop for mom, too. Oh well!

Little Bit hunted eggs at school on Thursday, and Mommie, Daddy, and Caboose came to watch.




All the kids dyed eggs at my mom's on Friday, and then had a grand hunt in Cappie's yard.






Caboose figured out what to do and clapped for himself with each egg found. By the way, I'm well aware that I purchased a basket a little too big for baby Caboose (it's hard to gauge the size when it's online!), so he just took a rest in it...



The boy cousins...




This morning, we got up early to prepare for church...




Easter Basket goodies...Caboose's first "real" time!




Pretty girls...


Silly girls...


We had a wonderful worship time at church, and CS and I enjoyed so much helping in our Babies Sunday School class. What sweeties!

Happy Easter from our home to yours!


Cindy and crew

P.S. A couple of after-church shots...isn't he adorable? I think so! :-)


2 comments:

Momg said...

Looks like they had fun! Your kids are always dressed so cute!

Kelly said...

All of your children are beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing all of your great family moments. I love reading your blog.