Thursday, April 14, 2011

Five Beautiful Years

Precious Little Bit-

I can't believe you are 5 today! Where has the time gone? I can hardly remember life before you, yet it also seems like the years have just slipped on by.



You are small in body but mighty in spirit. You have brought so much life, laughter, and love to our lives. We knew when you were born that God would have a special role and place for you in this world. And, we are seeing this come to fruition.



At your preschool's Bike-a-thon this week, I got to see you in action. You had the tiniest bike and your little legs were just a pumping. But, I saw you always watching, always aware, of what was going on around you. You stopped to help one little girl peddle her bike. You pulled over to check on a boy who had had a small accident. You waved at each friend. You cheered them all on. You were a leader. You exhibited compassion and concern. And, I was so very proud of you. I texted Daddy immediately to tell him about his "Baby Girl."



You love your sisters and brother, and you are the glue that holds the 4 of you together. You are the peacemaker in the family. If two members are arguing, you silently walk over and take each person's hand. You join us together and encourage us to love and enjoy one another. What would we do without you?!?!





You also crack us up so much of the time. You are packed full of personality...your facial expressions are priceless! You have the funniest sense of humor and you love to laugh.


Your preschool teacher told us that even though you are the youngest in your class, nothing gets past you. You started reading a couple of weeks ago, and Mrs. Palmer told us you were the only child in your class who can count to 100! She challenges you each day, and you meet each challenge successfully. According to Mrs. Palmer, you can "always handle your business" and I can only imagine what stories back that statement up! smile...


From your blond curls to your bright blue eyes and your adorable little dimple on your right cheek, we love you and are so excited to see you turn 5. With this age, comes lots of new beginnings. And, we are confident that you are ready to tackle each change with vibrance and zest.



Always be our Baby Girl and our Little Bit. Never grow too old to come snuggle in my lap and give me the best hugs ever. You have given this Mommie so much happiness and I thank God each day for giving us special little you.

Hugs and kisses-
Mommie

2 comments:

Melanie from The Pigg Pen said...

Precious. Words she will cherish someday. Happy Birthday Little Bit! Can't believe you're 5...

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Oh my... lump in my throat! So sweet! Happy Birthday to that sweet little lady!!! She is a doll.