What an inspiring day in church! I'm sure any of you who attend our church came away feeling the same! We had the honor to have preaching for us today a pastor from Liberia. He captured my entire attention for the time he shared from his heart. And, I could have listened to him most the day!
He spoke from Genesis 22. This is where God tested Abraham by commanding him to take his son, Isaac, and sacrifice him up on Mt. Moriah. The story ends by God stopping Abraham at the last moment and sending a ram to be sacrificed instead.
I was challenged and inspired to evaluate my life and my motives. How obedient am I? I know God asks hard things of us sometimes (and he has of our family!). He wants to see our hearts - am I willing to follow Him and obey Him no matter what? The amazing thing is that through our willingness to obey, we can see the faithfulness of God! God calls us to do some hard things over our lifetime. When we make the choice to obey His leading, then He equips us to handle the task given to us. Through that, His faithfulness is revealed. What an empowering concept!
Cindy
Park City Utah
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment