It's hard in two ways... First, of course, is that we hate to see him going downhill this way and are saddened to see that his time left with us will be limited. Second, it's hard because we would like to spend all kinds of money for every imaginable treatment for our little furball, but that is not feasible nor wise as he is nearly 13 years old.
I'll spare you the not-so-pleasant details but this weekend he got dramatically worse. The girls and I took him in this morning for an office visit and blood work. The vet was so nice, calling me as soon as they had the results. Sergeant spent the afternoon getting IV fluids and some medication, and we picked him up this afternoon to see how he will do back at home. We had to get some prescription dry cat food for kidney disease (expensive!), and we are looking at possibly having to take him in regularly for the IV fluids.
During my freshman year of A&M, my roommate and I decided to add a pair of sibling kittens to our "household." Sergeant and Aggie (I know...real original...half the pets in Aggieland have one of those names) were so cute with their little bodies and humongous ears. I wish I had a digital picture of those two troublemakers! He came along before Chris and I were a permanent item! Since that time, he has followed me to 12 homes in 3 towns and has endured the addition of three little girls. What a trooper! He is just a fixture in our home and we are already mourning the fact that he probably only has a few months to a year left with us.
If you have a pet-child in your home, you understand what we are facing. I'm so thankful that CS and I have always been open and honest with the girls. No, it won't be easy for any of us to deal with this, but I know they will be able to handle this situation.
Here are a few pictures of our guy:
Cindy and crew
P.S. Are you watching the premiere of Dancing with the Stars tonight?


No comments:
Post a Comment