Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Bursting Forth

Hasn't the weather this week been glorious? My mom, Audrey, and I spent yesterday morning planting geraniums and begonias in my front flower beds. I'm awaiting the caladiums' arrival at the nursery before finishing up - hopefully next week. I love this time of year!

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and always a bittersweet day for my mom's side of the family. My precious grandmother's birthday was on St. Patrick's Day, so my family has always been drawn to Irish things (not to mention all those Irish ancestors!). We remember her and her life especially on March 17th.

See this sweet bouquet of "flowers" Little Bit picked for me? Notice a root still intact in the bottom of the vase? These precious gifts and moments are the ones I want to never forget! I haven't the heart to tell her they are not "real flowers" but just onion weeds! At least she didn't repeat an event last week -- picking my beautiful daffodils!



ACat was gone last night, spending the night with Cappie. So, Smiley and Little Bit decided to sleep together...and did amazingly well! I was pleasantly surprised! CS and I didn't even have a midnight visitor, like we usually do! See how Little Bit is tucked up close to Smiley? That is how she sleeps by me when she joins us in the early morning hours. I kind of missed her little snuggle last night... Anyway, I slipped in to snap a pic of the girls snoozing. Obviously the flash startled Smiley. She slung her arm in the air (the moment my camera snapped the picture) and then covered her face from the light. Sorry, baby, but this was too sweet!



Cindy and crew

No comments: