...the girls and I are cruising home from Taco Bueno tonight (our usual Wednesday night stop after choir)
...the windows are all rolled down in our "cool" minivan
...the CD player is cranked up, blaring Taylor Swift down the road
...the girls are singing at the top of their lungs to her songs
...the sweet smell of honeysuckle wafts in the windows as we fly past a couple of neighborhoods, towards our home
...And, it hit me...It's Here...that time of year...when all the end-of-the-year wrap-ups, programs, and recitals are spinning our world around. And, right around the corner is...sweet summer! Yea!
That time of year when there is little routine, camps and Vacation Bible Schools are popping up, everyone is anticipating vacations, and the days are spent soaking up the warm sun. Ahhh...peace, quiet, sleeping late, reading for pleasure, hosting cook-outs with friends, and spending quality time with family. What am I saying??? I have 3 kids to keep entertained!! But, I'm still counting the days!
On to other news...
Smiley had a duet in tonight's Kidz Praise program. She did an excellent job and didn't act nervous at all! Way to go!
ACat won an award yesterday at Venture - the fastest kid in 2nd AND 3rd grade! She was so proud that she beat all the boys out! She's pretty fast for having such short legs!
They each received character awards, too. Smiley's said that she is "delightfully expressive in her work, exhibits her gratitude towards others often, and behaves lovingly and respectfully to her teachers and her peers." My child? Yes...this is she. I may not see it all the time at home (we are working on that!), but I know she has it in her! I'm proud of her!
ACat's said that she is "a responsible leader among her peers, shows preciseness in her work, and aspires for excellence in all she does." Yep...that's our ACat! Remember the fastest runner award? She definitely "aspires for excellence"!
I've said before that I'm relaxing a little with our 3rd child...I know, she's going to be rotten. But, I relented today as we headed to Wal-Mart for groceries. I can't believe I did, but I allowed someone else to go along...
Boy, was that a trip?!?! I mean...who can resist this sweet little face?!?! (Like the "bam-baid" on her pretend boo-boo on her chin?)
Cindy and crew


No comments:
Post a Comment