Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Such a Ham!

I love watching kids' personalities bloom during the toddler years. We've been watching Little Bit flourish more and more in the last few months. She has a lot of ACat's traits but there is a hidden flair about her. She comes by it honestly...CS's dad's side of the family! And, of course, Smiley has that sharp sense of humor, too! They are a hoot to be around!

One day recently, the girls were playing around and Little Bit started this hissing giggle. She slyly grinned as she called ACat "Mr. Hinkle." You really have to hear her say the name. She enunciates each syllable in a funny way! She thought it was hilarious. Of course, we were, at first, at little puzzled. Who in the world is Mr. Hinkle? Anyone...a guess? It finally dawned on us. Remember this little 4 year old boy who likes to whine a lot while discovering the world around him?


Yep...that's Caillou. He's a favorite in our household. I even find ACat secretly watching him at times! :-) Anyway, Caillou has a neighbor named...you guessed it...Mr. Hinkle. So, that's Little Bit's favorite "joke" lately. One of us will be talking to her and she will start grinning and giggling and say, "No, Mr. Hinkle..." Of course, she wants us to turn it around and call her the same. She roars with laughter and says, "I'm not Mr. Hinkle!" So, we have "Mommie Hinkle" and "Daddy Hinkle" and the list goes on and on.

Another funny happened yesterday at What-a-burger. Little Bit and I stopped by for breakfast after dropping off the big girls at Venture. We were just sitting in our booth and eating pancakes when an old '60s or '70s rock-n-roll song comes on. I didn't think anything of it until I looked over at Little Bit. First, a curl started twitching. Then, her head began to bebop (okay...had to look that word up - it looks funny written out!). A little sway followed with shoulders shrugging to the beat of the song. Low and behold, the hips began to gyrate just a tad with the finger snapping soon after. She has a little soul in her! She took over the booth, jamming to the entire song! After which, she brushed her hair out of her face and said, "Whew...I LIKE that song!" She calmly returned to eating and didn't pay any attention to any other songs playing. Baby gots the groove!

Cindy and crew

1 comment:

Jenn said...

We saw the episode with Mr. Hinkle yesterday and thought of you guys! :)