Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our Tribute

Today, we lost our furry "child/sibling" and friend, Sergeant.


It's amazing to me at how fast an animal can quickly lose ground, as far as their health. He was just prowling about, snuggling in my lap, purring when being petted, and curiously looking out our windows at birds and such. In the last two weeks, there was a big decline, as he stopped eating and bathing. The last few days, he got to where he couldn't stand or walk. Last night, he began yowling, as if in pain. We had no choice but to take him today...we couldn't stand to see our beloved pet in pain.

I'm going to miss my friend of 13 years. He was my companion, my "watch-cat" and a fun part of our family.

Smiley put it best in a note she tucked into his final resting spot:

For Sarge
For the cat we love

I'l miss you. You are the onle cat I'l never frget ever. You were so soft and so sweet.


Sergeant
April 5, 1996 - April 19, 2009

2 comments:

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Oh, Cindy, I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose a pet!! They become such a special part of the family!!! Ya'll will be in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!!

Momg said...

I have tears in my eyes! I'm so sad for your family. They really are like your family, hang in there!