All I can say about last night's concert is A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
It was loud...but awesome.
It was crazy...but awesome.
I've never seen so many people in one place (75,000-100,000 people!)...but it was awesome.
Getting into Cowboys Stadium was horrendous...but the music was awesome.
My feet hurt like all get-out...but I wouldn't trade this awesome night for the anything.
I was sad not to see Julianne Hough (due to her strep throat)...but LeAnn Womack was an awesome replacement and, as always, gave an awesome performance.
And, last but certainly not least, I had the most awesome date ever. We had a wonderful getaway weekend...our first since having kids. We agreed that this has to be done more often!
Blake Shelton, while not my most favorite country singer, gave an entertaining performance (after LeAnn Womack).
Reba...wow! I've never seen her in concert and she was *almost* as good as George. (if not better!) She has a way of pulling all of the audience in with her as she sings - or warbles in her trademark way.
And, of course, she did her customary wardrobe change before her encore! Fabulous, isn't she?!?!
Here's George coming out for the very first time. From the time we left our hotel to the time he walked out on stage, it was 6 hours almost to the minute. From 9:40 to midnight, he sang his one-of-a-kind country songs. Heartthrob, heartstopping lyrical songs. That's why he's "The Man"...
Part way through his concert, he asked that the roof of the Cowboys Stadium open - the first time EVER for an audience. It was the inaugral night, after all! It takes a full 12 mintues for it to open completely. So cool!
Here's the Stadium:
And, look at all these people!!
Oh, I have to give our attempts at snapping a picture of us beforehand. Here's my try with my short arms:
Doesn't it help to have longer arms?
Thank you, baby, for a better picture and for a weekend to remember always. I love you!!
Cindy and crew


No comments:
Post a Comment