I found myself desiring a vision, too. Wow...how nice to know exactly where you are heading with your children! I am not a person who likes to "spin my wheels"...I always like to be accomplishing something and going somewhere. I started thinking that CS and I also need to discuss our vision for our family. Where are we going with our family?
While these thoughts are great and purposeful (I'm not at all saying this mom was wrong in her vision!), I think they started causing me to feel anxious and a little worried this week. How does one come up with a vision?
I felt comforted this weekend as I made my way through "week 2" of my summer Bible study, "Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed." Priscilla Shirer, a favorite of mine, does the first two weeks on being anointed by God. She clarifies that we are all anointed upon salvation. This anointing guarantees us access to God through prayer.
Okay...that's easy enough for me to digest. I've always believed that. But, Priscilla goes on to point out that the anointing guarantees us divine direction from God - in the big and small things! The more we know God (through time spent with him and through prayer), the more clearly we will be able to hear Him.
So, back to this vision I suddenly felt pressured to have... This study looks at David in 2 Samuel and I Chronicles. Before any action, David always sought God and His direction. More than that, David went boldly before His Lord and fully anticipated an answer, a direction! But, he was okay waiting for God's instructions, if needed.
And, this is where I paused. I need to rest in the fact that God is and will continue to answer my needs and questions. Sometimes, we need to simply seek His will in a day by day manner, not expecting the full picture. This study is reminding me that God doesn't always work in a manner of revealing everything - like a full vision - all at once. And, that is what I needed this week.
To quote Priscilla, "Discovering that divine guidance is a benefit of the anointing has changed my life in unbelievable ways. Now I approach my time with the Lord and His written Word, fully anticipating that He has a specific word for me."
So, I'm committing myself to rest in this, knowing I can trust His heart. I will patiently wait for his response to my needs, day by day if needed. Because, He WILL answer and He WILL care for us and the details of our life. He has a vision for my life and for my children's lives. And, I will continue to seek that vision, even if it isn't revealed in its entirety at one single moment. Day by day, week by week, year by year...He will direct and guide us in His vision for us.
"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." John 16:13
Cindy and crew


No comments:
Post a Comment