Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Granddaddy

Recently, my mom had a man from Connecticut contact her about my Granddaddy. This man's father and my Granddaddy were on the same crew of the 487th Squadron of the Army Air Corps in World War II (boy, that's a mouthful!). This bomb group spent their years in WWII flying from England to bomb the Germans. My Granddaddy was a waste gunner on board their B17 plane. Pretty cool, huh?!?!

This man who called my mom was looking for war pictures of my Granddaddy...he's compiling these pictures and some stories that his father told him about the war all into a book to be published next year.

So, we dug around, found the war pictures that belonged to my Granddaddy, scanned them in, and mailed them to our Connecticut contact. I thought I would share a few with you. He was a nice looking man, I think! This was before he married my Grandmother and before he went to Texas A&M (Texas AMC back then). He is one of the main reasons I chose to go to Texas A&M...he was always so proud of his college and his education. I knew I would obtain a high level of education by going there, just like him. Anyway, just thought this was neat and that I would share!





Cindy and crew

No comments: