Sweet Smiley-girl turned 8 years old on Thursday. It's so hard to believe! She's excited to be 8, though I can't stop wondering how it can be possible. I wish I had her baby pictures on my computer. I'll have to scan some in one day.
She's been able to celebrate over a couple of weeks. A week before her birthday, Cappie fixed Smiley her favorite meal and I baked a lemon pound cake, per Smiley's request. Cappie got her a special balloon and "Pinkalicious" party plates, and Smiley opened a couple of presents, including a pretty necklace and earrings set from my mom. Smiley LOVES to accessorize!
Then, this Thursday, before Vacation Bible School, we wished Smiley an "official" birthday wish and let her open her presents from us. What fun!
We unexpectedly were able to meet some cousins that night in Longview for dinner at Papacitas. She was so excited to have a big dinner for her special day. She designed her own cookie cake, so we took that to Longview to share with our cousins, Cappie, and my brother's family. Here's Smiley all dressed up with her new purse from Brittany and Brooke. And, then there's a pretty picture of Smiley with Cappie.
Next week, Smiley has a couple of friends who are going to dinner and to play putt-putt with us for her birthday. This is the way to celebrate, huh?!?! A little at a time! Makes it seem so much longer and better!
Our Longview cousins are so much fun to be around. My girls love being with them...and now Caboose is enjoying their attention. Being 16 and 13 year old girls, they eat little babies up! :-)
Three days before Smiley's birthday is my nephew Connar's birthday. To me, he is like one of my own children! He turned 11 years old (just 7 months older than ACat) and we had fun celebrating his big day last weekend. We are all SO excited that he is coming to our house this week for a few days! Yay!! He calls me "Aunt Lou-Lou" (long story there...) and I told him he could call it "Camp Aunt Lou-Lou's"! Isn't he a cutie?!?! When I have him with me, most people think he's mine over my own kids...because of the coloring (brown hair and eyes). Did you see Caboose's eyes in the picture above? Yep, another one NOT like me! :-)
Oh, and just for kicks, since I know you love to see pics of baby Caboose, here's a sweet smile from him!
Caboose and all our family says "Happy Birthday, Smiley"!! We love you and love having you a part of our family! Enjoy being 8, sweetheart!
Cindy and crew


1 comment:
Caboose is so cute. Looks like yall have had some big birthday fun!
Post a Comment