I wish I had a picture of all three girls with their faces smashed up against our front room window, watching it all - cute! It was still raining but I headed outside, and our neighbors on all sides were outside checking it out, too. How could I have missed the sound and noise of it falling?!?! Wow - what a blessing, though, to see the four college boys from across the street heading my way. (If you know our history with these "new" neighbors, then I have to say I humbled myself and am totally thankful for them now!) They immediately started creating a plan to get the tree out of my driveway since my car was pretty much stuck in the garage. Amazingly, one of the boys works with a construction crew and had a truck with chains and a winch to pull the tree over into the driveway. With smiles, they found some hand saws and started hacking away at the branches. Another neighbor called his son-in-law who showed up within 5-10 minutes with 2 chainsaws. Voila - within 1 hour, the fallen tree was cut up and out of the road and our driveway. One of the boys even offered to borrow a trailer tomorrow and haul it all off for us! Of course, we will pay them and take over homemade brownies and lasagna or something. But, just to have them right there, willing and able to help! If my poor tree had to fall, then this was the best possible scenario.
As far as the rest of the tree, the general opinion is that it probably won't survive. But, I, being the tree lover I am, will put it on "life support" for a while to see if it has a chance. If not, then we will have to get it all down and plant a new one in its place. We will just wait and see!
Cindy and crew


2 comments:
For some homemade brownies and lasagna, I'll come over and haul that tree off myself! ha.
Gotta love all this rain...I'm sure LOTS of trees will be lost this week with the ground being so soaked!
Come on over! LOL! I hate to see pretty trees lost like this! Glad for the rain, but wish it was spread out over the summer!
Post a Comment