Monday, August 25, 2008

This Time of Year

Yes, it is that time of year for me. It's crackling in the air...that excitement that has turned bittersweet over the years. Maybe I'm just crazy (I know that's debatable!) but there's something about that "off to college" time of year for me. I will never forget that first August I headed off to Texas A&M - whoop!!! So young and innocent yet ready to conquer the world! Coming from small town USA, College Station was BIG to me! :-) I was the one riding around town with roommates saying "What's that?" Just everything was so amazing - Fish Camp, Freshman Orientation, my first schedule, my first apartment, my first taste of freedom! I loved A&M then and I always will!!





I just want to head off again with all those young college students! LOL! I won't even tell you how many years ago that was for me, but for some reason this part of August always sends me in a pensive, longing type of mood. That part of my life will ALWAYS be one of the most special to me! Oh the days... Not that they were all easy but they were all so special.

Many important events of my life are tied to A&M:

  • I met my husband there and we married after my sophomore year. And, no, to answer all those curious questions...we did not meet with him taking me to jail! :-)
  • Secondly, I acquired a wonderful education, which I don't utilize anymore! But, I have it!
  • Next, I met lifelong friends and made some memories that will never diminish! I won't even start with stories on this blog but if you ever want to be entertained, just ask me (in person!) about some of our girl-y antics!
  • Lastly, I graduated with a sweet baby inside...ACat! She's already walked the stage so is ahead of other kids in that area!

    I love returning there with our girls. They love A&M, too, which pleases me, of course! I think a football game will be in order soon, since the girls are finally getting to where they can stand during most of a game! It's hard to believe sometimes that that portion of my life is gone forever! Where has time gone??

    Here's to special memories that are a little bittersweet this time of year. I'll always bleed maroon! WHOOP!

    Cindy and crew

  • No comments: