Well, in this household, you soon learn that Mommie wins most battles! :-) I quickly pulled the safety knob from its hiding place, having been there since Smiley was this age. I clipped it on and went on about my duties. It wasn't 2 mintues when I heard these wails, "It's stuck! It's stuck!" I couldn't help the tiny smile that crept on my face. Another hard lesson taught and won...for the moment at least.
Oh, the drama...and I can understand. You learn a new skill and you want to utilize it over and over! I can't help but think of similar lessons I've had to learn and am still learning from my Heavenly Father. Does he have a small smile of love on His face as I pull and pull at something, exclaiming, "It's stuck...please let me have this!" Our Father knows best...just as we, as parents, have to try and know what's best for our children at times.
Oh, the pains of growing up...


1 comment:
Oh my gosh, this made me laugh out loud!!! I can just see my Annie doing this same thing. Its so funny to see them thinking they're so independent and in control. :)
Post a Comment