Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another Nursery Update

The nursery is moving slowly but surely along. Well...I guess it's moving along. If it would quit being cold and rainy on CS's weekends, then we might could get the paint and stain to dry faster!

We have made some progress. I decided the room needed more baby blue. It just seemed so "brown." So, I painted a blue polk-a-dot above Peanut's crib. I still need to trace and paint his initial in the circle (in chocolate brown). Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow or Friday.


Then, CS got the curtain rod and valance hung for me. I like it! He also hung a new fan for the room but I figured it would be a boring picture! :-)


Here's my garage right now...full of furniture.


Needless to say, I'm having to park in the driveway, which is lots of fun in cold rain! Oh well...we all have to sacrifice, right?!?! In this picture, you can see one of the white doors drying. Then, there's the small bookcase, half of the drawers for the chest, and then the chest itself. They kind of blend in with the garage, don't they?!?! This is after CS applied the second coat of stain. It was supposed to take about 8 hours to dry before we could sand and apply the third coat. Well, it took more than two days to dry with the humidity and cold temps! And then, of course, CS was heading back to work! So, we are hoping to get the third layer done tomorrow.

Here's hoping!
Cindy and crew

No comments: