Monday, February 1, 2010

My Little Helpers

Last week, I asked the girls about helping out a neighbor in need. They eagerly jumped at the chance, and CS and I were so proud of them for doing so!

I've shared about the little boy across the street who has cancer. Well, we also have an older lady diagonally who has had breast cancer that has now become bone cancer. She isn't doing too well. ACat has started running her paper up on her porch each morning so that the lady doesn't have to walk out in her yard to pick it up (she's on a cane).

I have noticed recently the abundance of pine cones in her yard. So, that's what I asked the girls to help with - picking up those pine cones. They accomplished the task at hand in record time! Even Little Bit helped! However, she started crying, "Please don't take my picture, Mommie!" Is it bad that I took a picture anyway?




I'm really trying to "get out of ourselves" and teach our girls the importance of serving others. It's not easy with our busy lives! But, I don't want them to grow up self-centered and only thinking of their needs. I was so pleased to see their eagerness in helping our neighbor out!

Cindy and crew

1 comment:

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

That's great, Cindy! What a wonderful teaching idea! Your girls are learning wonderful, life-long lessons. Good job, Mom!!! :-)