Today, I had a checkup with Dr. B. We have a date! Unless Peanut decides to come earlier, we will induce on February 26th. I had the choice of Feb. 26th or March 1st. I have to be honest, I like the March 1st date better...just the way it sounds (and I have a "1st" birthday), but the Feb. 26th date just fits better in our schedule (being a Friday). We had to look at CS's work schedule, at being able to have the girls cared for, and at my work schedule (I'm teaching the Medical Informatics course again for UNT...I didn't have enough to do! LOL!). So, the 26th, was the best choice.
That being said, we will see if he holds off until the 26th. I knew last Sunday that I was starting to swell. This morning I woke up to a headache. I had a gut feeling that with those two symptoms, my blood pressure would be high. Yep...it was. Dr. B hooked me up to monitor the baby and my bp. Of course, laying down during that time frame, it went down enough so that she let me go with no bedrest instructions. But, if my bp doesn't behave itself in the next month, we may have to induce earlier for the safety of the baby (and me!). I had all these symptoms with ACat - preeclampsia. So, I'm hoping that it won't get to that point again.
One way or another Peanut will arrive in less than a month! Wow...I can't believe it is almost here!
Cindy and crew
Park City Utah
4 years ago


3 comments:
So exciting! My birthday is March 1, so I would have gone with that :)
That's such great news!!! He better hang on until after the 11th!! I'd really love to have your shower BEFORE he comes!! :-)
Take care of yourself!!!
that is pretty crazy....(fast I mean)....i only say that b/c i know once you are done its not too much further before I am doing the same thing....
Post a Comment