Thursday, January 7, 2010

Big Baby?

Okay...I'm 31 weeks and 5 days pregnant today. Not too much longer, huh? But, I've got so much to do yet! I'm not ready!

We finally got the nursery painted today. Well, I say painted. It wasn't a "cut and dry" job. Last week was the trim (stage 1), which ended up being three coats around the room because of a paint problem (from Lowes...). Yesterday I did all the cutting in with the wall paint (from Home Depot this time - love the Behr paint!), and CS rolled the walls today (stage 2). It's called "Toast", matched to a paint from Restoration Hardware. We LOVE it! I need to get the "Chocolate Chip" paint to do the band along the top of the walls (stage 3...which will take some time measuring the band all around the room). Then, the last stage will be painting the baby blue polk-a-dots on the chocolate chip band. Oh, and the big polk-a-dot above his crib with his initial in it. Whew! It will be so worth it, though! I'll try and post some pictures as we make progress!

We received our new travel system today. I found one on clearance at Babies R Us - a $240 system that I got for $142 (and free shipping!)! I think that's pretty good! I figured that if I found a used travel system at a consignment store, I'd probably still spend $75-$100. So, I thought paying a little more for a brand new one wasn't so bad.

So, the "Big Baby" news...I went for a doctor visit right before Christmas. Dr. B kind of snickered when she was measuring my belly. Of course, I asked what that was about and she just casually said, "Oh, you are still measuring 'a little' big...I think we need to do a growth scan ultrasound to see how big this baby is!" "Okay...quantify "a little" for me," I asked immediately. Basically, I was nearly 28 1/2 weeks at that visit and I was measuring 33 weeks along. Are you kidding me? I really prefer my 6 pound little girls...don't tell me I'm going to have a 10 pound boy this time! Yikes! Anyway, I went last week (at 30 weeks) for the ultrasound. Yep...Peanut is measuring in the 86th percentile and the sonogram calculated that he weighs 4 pounds already! You know what they say...the baby can gain 1/2 - 1 pound a week the last few weeks! Calculate that one out, if you please! So, yes, I'm a little freaked out, though Dr. B says it's no big deal. Yeah, right...is she pushing this kid out? :-) So, what do you guys think? I'm thinking we may need a new nickname for this not-so-little boy/Peanut!

Cindy and crew

2 comments:

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

The room colors and paint ideas sound so adorable!!! I'd love to see the finished product!!!

Anonymous said...

Ummm...can't he just get big after he leaves your body??....Birthing a 7 pounder (T)was much better than a 9 pounder (E)....maybe he will come early enough that it will all even out. Wonder if he will be a hungry boy too?? You may be busy.