Currently, the crib, paint supplies, changing table, and other odds and ends are sitting in the middle of the floor so that we can paint around them. Once I do the baby blue polk-a-dots, I can place the furniture, and the room will look TOTALLY different, I think! Can't wait!
Here's a pic of the "toast" colored walls. It is so much prettier in person - hard to get the full effect in these pictures. You can see the "old" blue from ACat's sky blue and strawberry room!
Then, last Wednesday, I was able to do the cutting in at the ceiling. I wanted to picture what the chocolate brown band would look like!
Thursday, CS measured and drew the bottom line for the band. I came along behind him and painted the line. He filled in with the roller. Voila! It looks like a different room! Definitely more "boyish", don't you think?
What's next?
Well, we are still mulling over the best way to most efficiently yet evenly get the blue polk-a-dots marked and painted on the brown band. They have to be exactly level with each other and completely spaced the same distance apart, or it will look horrible! I'm such a perfectionist, which makes this more difficult.
We also have to paint the doors - the hallway and closet doors. The weather hasn't been cooperating very well (we will do that project in the garage)!
Once we are finished with the dots and we get the chest and bookcase back from the "stain man", then I can start playing with furniture placement. I need the crib in its final spot so that I can paint the large brown polk-a-dot and Peanut's initial above it.
There's the long version of the progress! You know I can't be too brief!
Cindy and crew
P.S. I went to my doctor appointment on Thursday. My belly hasn't grown anymore! Yay! It measured the same as it did two weeks ago! Dr. B said things were just leveling out!


1 comment:
it's looking great! you've done a fabulous job. he will love it!
Post a Comment