I did want to share the results on a informal survey I did with some friends who have little boys.
My question: What is the best brand and type of diaper to use for baby boys?


I really was interested in the comparison between Huggies and Pampers and then between the regular and supreme versions of each kind. I want to start stocking up on diapers for little Peanut, but I certainly don't want to have to worry about returning/exchanging them if they aren't the "right" ones! Though, after talking to these friends, I'm wondering if the bottom line is just how your baby pees! :-)
Here are the results...out of 11 friends I surveyed...
7 said definitely Pampers (Swaddlers/Cruisers were the favorites)
2 felt strongly about Huggies (either regular or supreme seemed to be okay here)
2 used Luvs/off-brand diapers (one of these used Pampers Swaddlers for the newborn stage and then switched to Luvs after a couple of months)
Other tidbits:
*One friend shared that she only used Pampers Swaddlers when diapering her baby while her husband would only use Huggies Supreme (for the baby, that is)!
*Two girls said that Huggies worked best for their girls but Pampers were the only ones that didn't leak with their boys...hmmm...my girls only could wear Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers...back to the hypothesis that it just depends on how each child pees!
*Some of these girls tried every diaper out there before settling on their preference...tried and true opinions! Others tested only the two main brands - Pampers and Huggies. Sometimes it pays to stay with quality - it just depends on your personal preference and opinion.
Result:
I'm going to start buying some Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers for Peanut! I think I'll trust the experience!! And, if for some reason they leak with Peanut, then I'll have to swallow my reluctance to not return/exchange and start trying other brands out for myself!
Cindy and crew


No comments:
Post a Comment