Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our Buried Treasure is Here!

I know some of you have been anxiously awaiting pics and details...here you go! :-)

Thursday morning as I headed out the door to the doctor's, I got ACat to snap this picture. The girls had picked this shirt out for me last fall at Canton and I had kind of forgotten about it! I woke up during the night Wednesday and thought about it (you know how weird your pregnancy mind can be). So, I dug it out for Thursday. Little did I know it would be the last maternity shirt I would need to wear! For indeed, our buried treasure would make his debut less than 24 hours later!


Well, here he is...our little guy...


He is precious and we are so thankful he is here safely. We had an hour or two of alarm during labor when his heartbeat keep going WAY down (he wasn't handling the contractions), but, unbeknownst to me at the time, I had some friends praying me through the night (thanks, girls!). Everything turned out fine, a c-section was avoided, and he arrived in perfect condition at 4:03 a.m. Friday morning.

But, I'll back up a little first...

At my doctor's appointment, I had progressed from the previous week and Dr. B offered to "stir things up" a little. I found out she was on call Thursday night but not over the weekend. With my pediatrician leaving Friday night for a ski trip, I decided to just bide my time over the weekend and wait for Monday or Tuesday when at least my OB was delivering.

My best friend from college was here last week visiting, and she and her husband were treating me and CS to dinner Thursday night at Villa Montez (a last night of freedom...so sweet of them!). I had been up a lot Wednesday night with lower back pain and it had continued through the day Thursday. At Villa Montez, I just felt "not right"...back and pelvis still hurting and I was having a lot of tightening in my stomach. It was the first time I had slowed down all day, so I started really thinking about the contractions and realized they were coming about 5 minutes a part. There's the quandary...do I call the doctor or just wait and see? We made it through part of our meal and decided to pack it all up and head out (we ate the food last night - still wonderful!!). CS will just have to take me back again soon! :-)

Dr. B and I consulted a couple of times during the evening. I hated to disrupt her while she was with her family at home but she is so sweet and met us up at the hospital late that night. I did have a regular pattern of contractions and she broke my water, got the epidural ordered, and had the pitocin going...all by 1:00 a.m. Wonderful Dr. B just slept up at the hospital, waiting on me. She knew with this being my fourth and my history of going really fast at the end, she didn't want to go all the way home to get some sleep.

Another blessing was that I had the best nurses. They were light-hearted, listened to everything I had to say, and were so pleasant and kind. They called themselves the "A Team" and CS and I totally agreed!

Long story made short...after some up and down time with the baby's heart rate and such, the nurse checked me at 3:30 - just a 6. By 3:45, I was complete and baby was coming. And, he was born right after 4. Wow - it's amazing how it just all comes together! He was "sunny-side up" but Dr. B was able to turn him at the very last minute. He also had the cord around his neck, but she was able to pop that off as he was born. So, I'm totally thankful for God's presence in that delivery room and will be eternally indebted to Dr. B! We love her!!


I look scary tired (and swollen - yuck!) compared to Dr. B...Thursday was the day that never ended - not til late Friday night! But, that's okay. It was worth it all!


You ask what the girls think? Well, I will let their faces tell the story...they are pretty proud of this little guy!




We are all so in love with you, little man!


We will post more soon!
Cindy and crew

P.S. Oh...the hair...how could I forget the hair? It's brown! Yay! I've been waiting for 10 years to have a baby that looks like me - brown hair and eyes. I'll have to wait on the final verdict on the eyes, but this little guys definitely has brown hair!

6 comments:

linda aka auntie said...

he's beautiful and precious and i can't wait to get my hands on him! looking forward to leaving my mark on his room -- just like i did for his oldest sister. bookends!

Michelle said...

Yes, he is indeed precious!!! He is so blessed to have such a loving family!! Congrats again!!

Anonymous said...

So glad he is here and healthy...what a joy!!..praying you will get some rest.

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

Oh, Cindy, he is adorable!!! I'm so excited he's finally here. I can't wait to see him in person!
Love you,
~mandy

Momg said...

OH WOW CINDY!!!!! I didn't know you had the baby!!! He is just perfect! Congrats!

Kelly said...

Cindy, he is so cute! I should have checked your blog sooner. Sorry I'm late with my congrats. I know you are all enjoying him. What a blessing.