Monday, February 1, 2010

Time Out!

Little Bit loves watching movies. She is going through a stage where she is picking up lots of phrases and words from movies...and I'm having to be very careful! She kept saying "stupid" one day a couple of weeks ago. What incorrigible child taught her that? Well, it turns out it was that seemingly innocent aardvark named Arthur on PBS. Yep, he called cats "stupid" repeatedly on an episode. Shame on you, Arthur! I think Little Bit has the idea now...she corrected me yesterday in the car. I accidentally called another driver "some" word on the way home last night. Ahem...yes, I admit to it. I quickly got corrected by my 3 year old. We decided to call the man driving down the road blaring his car horn at another car..."silly" instead of "stupid." Okay, I stand corrected, Little Bit!

Anyway, back to the topic of this post...

One night last week, I walked into the hallway to see this:


Little Bit informed me that the dolls were in time out. What, I asked, did these poor dolls do? She said they were "grilling" her. Hmmm...what does that mean? As it turns out, Arthur (once again) was "grilled" by his little sister, DW. Grilled as in asked a bunch a questions. Obviously, it was portrayed as a negative thing on the show, so Little Bit decided her dolls had been naughty by grilling her.

[Side note: I have to say I'm surprised any of the dolls have clothes on...we are going through that regular childhood stage of taking off all the doll clothes. Poor, cold things...luckily, I've learned with the older girls that the stage will soon pass!]

What will she pick up next?!?!

Cindy and crew

1 comment:

Mandy from Burkett Blessings said...

That's precious! How quickly they pick up on "new" words!!! We are still in the "undress" the dolls stage!!! I'm glad to hear that gets better! :-)