I'm really excited about it! Finally, I can say that! After Kat and Grammy came and helped me with the changing table, lamp shades, and more, it was starting to get a little fun. But, now that the painting on the walls is finished, it's down right thrilling!!
Several people have helped with this...it's been a group project. It is so touching to have others step in and help when you are discouraged and frustrated. The first encouraging act came after we had initially painted the walls. I so wanted something cute to add somewhere in the room. It was going to be a long while before the chest and bookcase were done, and I couldn't add anything on the walls until the furniture was in place. So, I was at a stalemate. Then, my friend Michelle surprised us at lunch one day with this canvas.
I needed something cheery in the room and this did it for me. It was like a beam of sunshine and I so needed that at that point. So, thanks so much, sweet friend! And, many thanks to your hubby for all his time helping my hubby with the furniture staining!
Then, Kat and Grammy (Kat's mom) came from Denver to help. It was like they rode in to save the day, and they did, in my mind! I felt so relieved and encouraged to have them come with the sewing and monogramming machines and the decorating/crafty knowledge to really turn the corner in making the room into a nursery and home for our Caboose. I love the fun touches they added...like...
...the matching baby blue lamp shades with chocolate fringe...
...and the polk-a-dot draw pulls for the chest and closet door...
...and the polk-a-dot changing table cover (love, love, love it!!)...
Can you believe that Grammy just sat down and made it - no pattern, no nothing? Oh, to have that talent! The trim and everything turned out perfectly! She monogrammed some towels for Caboose and even surprised us with the cutest set of burp cloths with his name/initials on them! Thanks, Kat and Grammy, for saving my sanity and for helping create such a special room for our baby. I'm so thankful that you got to meet Caboose before driving back to Denver, too! What great timing, baby Caboose!!
Lastly, we have the most talented friend, Linda...aka Auntie (or Mrs. Aunt, as Little Bit called her today!). Linda is a close friend of my mom's and over the years she has found a special place in my and CS's hearts, too. She coordinated our wedding nearly 13 years ago, she came with my mom to my A&M graduation, she decorated our very first nursery (ACat's), and now she has come to add her unique touch to our last nursery.
Once I nixed the idea of painting polk-a-dots on the border around the room, I talked to Auntie about possibly painting a verse or saying. We bounced around ideas and she came last night to "chalk" the final decision. Since we have called our baby "Caboose" off and on from the beginning, Auntie suggested using something along the "train" theme. "The Little Engine that Could" was an obvious thought but we needed to tie it in with something inspiring. See what you think about the final painting...
Perfect - period. That's all I can say. You always know our hearts, and you captured it perfectly with this...thanks ever so much, Linda.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mark the date...well, yesterday's date. Caboose was one month old yesterday. I just can't believe it. You all know how I feel about time and how it flies, so I won't go there. But, I think about this little guy and how just slightly over one month ago, I didn't know what he looked like, what he would be like, or how very much he would change our lives. I "knew" him for 9 months, growing inside. I loved him, I dream of life with him, I counted the days until he joined our lives. But, until he came into this world, I couldn't quite fathom the blessing he is to me, to CS, and to our girls.
Has he changed much? The first two pics are from the hospital, and the third one was from last night. He really has filled out quite a bit, though it's hard to tell in these pictures.
That's all for tonight!
Cindy and crew


5 comments:
So cute!! I love it!
OH MY WORD!!! Your nursery is adorable!!! I got chills when I scrolled down to see the scripture around the top of the walls - amazing and SO perfect!!!! I love it all - cute, cute, CA-UTE!!!! :-)
We'll have to have a tour of homes one of these days! You can see Kristin's and we can see yours!
Caboose is precious - love his cheeks!!!!
~mandy
LOVE the saying and scripture painted on the border! I'm glad you were patient & didn't rush it and end up doing the dots just to "get it done"! (what I would've done b/c I'm not very patient with things like that). And now you have something so much better!! I love it!
Hey Cindy,
Check out my blog! I have a fun surprise for you! :-)
http://www.burkettblessings.blogspot.com
The nursery is ADORABLE! And he is even cuter!!
Post a Comment