Monday, March 1, 2010

The First Big Outing

This little guy went on his first big outing yesterday...


...want to guess where we took the kids? Does this give you a hint?



Yup! We traveled up to Mineola to check out the Extreme Makeover - Home Edition house being built! The girls and I watch Extreme Makeover most every Sunday night after church, so CS and I decided to surprise them with a visit to the house site. They were ecstatic! We rode the shuttle over and had good viewing places in the spectator section. ACat even took her own camera to document the occasion. We all thought it was pretty cool...they are just amazing at how fast they can get a house built! And, I love, too, how they pull a community together to accomplish the goal.



Now, I have to be honest in that Caboose didn't get much out of the outing...he slept through the entire morning! I tried out my new sling and it worked great! He snuggled in and never peeped! Thanks Melanie! :-)

After our visit, we just *had* to drop by Mineola's famous Burger Company. Can you say yum?!?! It has been several years ago since we ate there...with some friends who live in Mineola. It just happened to be lunchtime as we were leaving town, so we stopped by for one of the best burgers ever!

It was so nice to be out in the sun yesterday. We've needed a little sun and cheer with all this "funk" we've had for weather lately! I'm ready for it to return tomorrow!

Cindy and crew

2 comments:

Christie said...

He is so precious! So glad you got to get out of the house and enjoy the day.

Michelle said...

I LOVE the arms folded under his chin! So cute!!!