Here's the sling I got for my baby shower, used only 6 times so far, and am having to cut apart to return to Infantino:

And, here's the new one they will be mailing me:

Okay...here's the bottom line in my opinion (and I can share because it is my blog, after all! ha!)...I think we all have a responsibility to use our God-given common sense with any and all products. We live in a society that is lawsuit happy and we want to blame every unfortunate incident on someone else. Just as one should know to check the temperature of coffee before taking a huge swallow, so should a parent keep a close eye on a newborn baby in a sling (I can feel Caboose moving and hear and feel him breathing in there. And, I check on him constantly!).
But, I am going to take the warning...this is my baby after all! Besides, I can't tell you how many people have said something to me today (which I do appreciate...I want to know these things!), so I know if I continue to use the product, I'd be bombarded by comments and possible "bad" looks because of my use.
So, there...that's my soap box and my thoughts. Conclusion: I love my baby and want him to be safe. So, I will heed the warning, even if I think it might be a little overboard. Plus, I get to try cool, new-on-the-market carrier that I might love even more than the sling I'm returning!
Cindy and crew


No comments:
Post a Comment