I have the cutest pic of her marching into school with her backpack on and her box of new crayons firmly in hand; however, her name is boldly displayed on the backpack, so I can't share it with you guys. Sorry!
She did great, in spite of allergies that has plagued her all week. She got into her classroom and went straight to the home center to find a baby doll with which to play. I had to ask her for a hug and kiss good-bye! I guess that is a good sign, right? I don't need her to cry just a bit for my well-being?!?!
Daddy, ACat and Smiley went with me on Thursday afternoon to pick her up. They had not been up to the school yet, so Little Bit was pleased to show them her classroom. She stood in the doorway, did a Vanna White sweep with her arm, and said, "Come see my class, please!" She has faithfully reported each day the behavior of each child and whose frog has jumped off the lily pad. She obviously paid close attention to the teacher when explaining this concept. She is serious about getting to visit the treasure box at the end of the day - a reward for good behavior!
Little Bit dearly loves her cousin, Connar, and couldn't believe that she has "a different Konnor" in her class. She keeps emphasizing "a different" so that we all know it isn't our Connar!
I'm so blessed and thankful that she was truly ready to begin preschool. My other girls went to Mother's Day Out and such at younger ages than this. So, I am relieved that being at home full-time with me for this long hasn't made her hesitant or reluctant to join the fun! This will be such a positive experience for her, I know, and I am confidant that she will flourish and grow so much this year!
Cindy and crew


No comments:
Post a Comment