Friday, September 25, 2009

Reunited At Long Last

A monumental event happened in the life of Smiley this week. Let me give some background information first...

You know how I've shared how deeply this child loves and how hard change is for her. Well, to the best of our recollection, it was during her 3 year old year at preschool when dear Lamb was lost. She received little Lamb from the Easter bunny when she was 9-10 months old. Lamb went everywhere with her, but one day along the way, Lamb went missing. I cannot express how much Smiley has mourned this little animal. On a monthly basis (even now), when she's upset about something, she will begin crying harder because she says she needs Lamb to make her feel better. We are talking 3 1/2-4 years or so that this lovey has been missing! Here are a couple of pics of Smiley with Lamb:



Last week, Smiley came into the living one afternoon and handed me her Christmas list and note to Santa. Always the prepared one (with Christmas and birthday lists, anyway!), Smiley laid it quietly on the computer desk and went on. Here's the note to Santa - oh, the tears it brought to my eyes, knowing how painful the loss of Lamb has been for her:

Dear Santa Clase
Please for Christmas if you can find my Lamb please bring her back to me. You know how much I miss her and love her. Love, Smiley


As a result, I decided, once again, for see if there were any Lambs for sale online. I've done this in the past, to no avail. Anyway, I found one! A new one in good condition was quickly shipped to us this week. Tuesday, Smiley got home from Venture and guess what was in the mailbox?!?! A little brown box that held "the one" she had been anxiously awaiting. She screamed long and loud and a huge smile lit her face!


Lamb has brought Smiley so much pleasure this week. To a heart that loves long and dearly, this means the world to her. And, of course, it means the world to this mother's heart, too!

Cindy and crew

No comments: