He does have left torticollis which affects the rotation and tilt of his neck. He also has some trunk rotation issues that should be resolved in the upcoming months. There is no evidence of scoliosis or other spine problems, so we are thankful for that. He will need therapy twice a week and I will be doing exercises at home 4 times a day. You know...because I didn't have anything else going on in my life! Seriously, I'm happy that everything is rolling ahead now and in a few months he will be so much better! PT may possibly continue until he is walking, just to make sure the tilt issue doesn't resurface.
I took a picture before we walked into the building:
Cappie, Little Bit, and Caboose in the waiting room:
Caboose with his new therapist, Ashley:
I do want to add that I realized my last post was missing a HUGE component. Our FAMILY has been absolutely wonderful during this entire process! We are SO blessed and are SO thankful that our family has come around us and surrounded us with support during this journey. My mom especially has taken the initiative to learn with us about these conditions and has walk every step with us. She wanted to go with me to the PT evaluation and I was glad to have an extra pair of ears to listen to the information given. She is also going with me, Little Bit, and Caboose tomorrow as we head to Dallas for his DSi (laser scan) appointment. So, thanks and much love to our family!!
Cindy and crew
P.S. Guess who is sporting his first tooth?!?! Yep, Caboose has been busy drooling and chewing on his fists lately. I figured out why on Monday...a tooth! I'll get a good picture once it is fully in. That little sucker is sharp, for sure! He won't be gnawing on my finger anymore, I can guarantee!


No comments:
Post a Comment