It hasn't been the best couple of days since getting the helmet. It's hard to pinpoint the cause of Caboose's agitation - he had 4 appointments this last week (2 PTs, the helmet fitting, and his 6-month well check and shots) and has another tooth working its way in.
But, we can tell that some of his frustration is due to the helmet. He has started banging his hands a lot on us, his high chair, etc. I think that's his way of telling us that he doesn't like it on. It is also very awkward for me and him both in feeding - the helmet just gets in the way. So, it's hard to see him like this. We decided to give him some breaks, which is the "Hanger Philosophy" in town (ease them into the helmet). Cranial Technologies instructs the parents to immediately wear it 23 out of 24 hours a day. And, that's rough. Of course, I see their point...every hour Caboose is not wearing the helmet is slowing the progress. So, we are trying to keep it on as much as he can tolerate it.
I will update progress soon. CS is working a lot the next few weekends and I'm trying to be brave and head "out there" by myself with Caboose. I'm dreading the comments from others.
Cindy and crew


No comments:
Post a Comment