Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Synchronized?

syn·chro·nize [sing-kruh-nahyz] -nized, -niz·ing.
–verb (used with object)
1. to cause to indicate the same time
2. to cause to go on, move, operate, work, etc., at the same rate and exactly together

–verb (used without object)
3. to occur at the same time or coincide or agree in time.
4. to go on, move, operate, work, etc., at the same rate and exactly together; recur together.

Okay...so I've heard of synchronizing time, as in your watch with the "correct" time. I've heard of synchronized swimming, as in the Olympics. I've even used the term "sync" as in synchronizing your phone/calendar/etc. with your computer.

But, I can honestly say I have never witnessed, until last night, synchronized...ahem, how do I put this delicately...vomiting. Yuck, I know. But, that is what we had at our house last night. Three girls. In perfect tandem. "At the same rate and exactly together"...yes, we had major throwing up. Nice, huh?!?!

It was one of those surreal moments when you think..."This can't be happening to me!" But, it was and it did. And, CS and I are digging out from under the "mess," to put it nicely. Yup...just about everything got "hit" - sheets, comforters, carpet, walls, tile, doors, etc. We won't even discuss the hair and pj's.

I was talking to my mom about 9:30 last night and telling her how exhausted I was dealing with Caboose since Thursday. Boy, was that an understatement!! :-)

The pile of dirty laundry is getting smaller and my pale girls are slowing getting up from their slumbers. So, as long as CS, Caboose, and I don't have a "Round 2" tonight, we should be okay, right? 'Cause, we wouldn't want to "coincide" on something like this again!

Cindy and crew

2 comments:

Melanie from The Pigg Pen said...

Oh, Cindy! I'm so sorry! Was it just a 24-hour bug or something? I hope they're all on the mend and that the other 3 of you didn't get it!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! How awful :-( So sorry!! Glad Smiley didn't have to miss first day of Venture (it does start next week, I think). Hope the rest of you don't get it!!